Friday, June 29, 2012

Conceptual Poetics / New Poetry and Librarians

One of my dear coworkers and fellow poet, Patrick Dunagan, recently said:
You know in recent years there's been this "movement" in [the] poetry world called flarf where they generate lines for entire poems using google.....
Yeah, I'm a stan for Google (just wait till I start getting fired up about Google Hangouts). Despite my concerns of privacy and anti-trust, I'm working on a new series of poems that use Google commands and operators as dual-purpose prompts and titles for poems.

Looks like one of the techy librarians, our very own Joe Garity, killed three birds with one stone: he learned how to make a video, constructed a conceptual poem, and exercised his mastery of the Google search engine, all of which resulted in this touching YouTube presentation:



If leaving is what you have to do to get a conceptual-poetry-google-video made for you, then I should leave more often! But seriously Joe, you're not making it any easier to leave my library family. *tear*

No comments:

Post a Comment